Skin and Ocean Friendly Sun Lotions!
• No chemical ‘nasties’ for safe sun protection
• Key actives protect against premature ageing
• Gentle to skin – beat prickly heat!
• Award-winning organic sun lotions
Why slather your skin with conventional chemical laden sunscreens that absorb ‘nasties’ into the body, block the pores causing prickly heat and can even be damaging the Ocean wildlife? Green People’s award-winning organic sun lotions use effective natural and skin-friendly ingredients to effectively protect against UVA and UVB rays, to help avoid premature ageing and to be safe to the oceans ecosystem.
Research studies have reported that the UV filters used in chemical sunscreens may be contributing to coral bleaching. As a 20 minute dip in the sea is enough to wash off 25% or up to 6,000 tonnes of sunscreen, up to 10% of the world’s coral reefs could be threatened by sunscreen-induced coral bleaching!* Seven damaging ‘nasties’ including Parabens were highlighted. Green People do not use Parabens, Silicones, Petrochemicals, Mineral Oils, Artificial fragrances, Colours or Preservatives – so they’re biodegradable and safe for the seas, as well as the skin!
More than just a sun lotion!
One of the only natural sun lotion ranges available in the UK, Green People use some clever ingredients to offer the most effective organic sunscreens that nature can offer:
• Titanium Dioxide mineral, Cinnamic acid (from cinnamon oil) and Edelweiss extract sit on the surface of skin to naturally bounce UVA & UVB rays, offering more effective, broad spectrum protection. Edelweiss grows at high altitude, where UV rays are very strong, so it has evolved to give a natural defence against UV light.
• Avocado oil is rich in fatty acids and Vitamins A, C & E to plump the skin, help prevent wrinkles and deeply nourish. It protects against free radical damage and works with the natural sun filters to increase protection.
• Green Tea, Olive and Rosemary Oils offer natural antioxidants to help support the skin’s immune system and protect against cell damage, helping to avoid premature ageing.
• Berry Wax from the Japanese Sumach tree offers natural water resistant properties without blocking the pores.
Accelerate Your Tan!
Sun Lotion SFP15 contains an extract from the carob tree which naturally stimulates melanin; speeding up the tanning process by 25% and reducing the tan-fading rate by almost 50%. So tan, protect your skin with broad spectrum UVA & UVB and natural antioxidants – all in one! £17.11 for 200ml
No Scent Sun Lotion SPF25
This water resistant organic sun lotion offers broad spectrum UVA & UVB protection with antioxidants and vitamins A, C & E to help support the skin’s immune system and protect against cell damage. Made without essential oils this sun lotion is perfect for sensitive skin and those prone to prickly heat. £17.11 for 200ml or £9.70 for 50ml
After Sun Lotion
A cooling and moisture binding after sun pampering lotion which helps to maintain your tan and minimize peeling. Also great as a refreshing everyday body lotion – light yet nourishing. Freshly scented with fairly traded Mint Oil. £11.22 for 200ml
Self Tan Lotion
When applied to your body, natural DHA (derived from sugar & glycerin) reacts with amino acids found in the outer layers of the skin to closely resemble a real tan in both colour and depth. Safe, non-streaky and effective, Organic Self Tan has a pleasant aroma, created with Rose, Geranium and Sandalwood essential oils. £17.35 for 200ml
Children’s Sun Lotion SPF25 – No Scent & Lavender
Naturally water-resistant sun lotions offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection for active, outdoor kids. Available in scent-free & Lavender versions, this natural alternative to sun lotions is made with Organic Aloe Vera, Edelweiss and Elderflower to protect and soothe. Suitable for delicate young skin and those prone to skin allergies. £15.06 for 150ml or £3.85 for 30ml
Green People products are suitable for sensitive skin, those prone to skin allergies and who suffer from prickly heat. Aggravated by using sun lotions containing; Silicones, Siloxanes, Trimethicones and Petrochemicals that act like cling film to prevent the skin from breathing, banish prickly heat by going natural!
Switch to a skin and eco friendly natural sun lotion today and choose a biodegradable sunscreen that easily breaks down in seawater without causing harm to our ecosystem. Visit www.greenpeople.co.uk or call 01403 740350
- ENDS -
For photographs, samples and further information please contact:
Liz Chapman, email@example.com or call 01403 740370
Did you know?
• A third of people do not use sunscreen when sunbathing
• More than 75,000 new cases of skin cancer are diagnosed in the UK each year
• 60% of 16 to 24 year olds anticipate getting sunburnt on holiday
• Sunburn can double the risk of developing skin cancer
• Around 10% of the population suffer from prickly heat
• Applying too little sunscreen has been shown to significantly reduce protection from the sun
*Source: Study Commissioned by the European Commission, 2008 & can be found in Environmental Health Perspectives journal, 2008